The first round of judging of the #MojoAwards is complete and six #Mojo short films have been selected for the four season of the international film festival.
Winning work will be screened at the #MojoWorkshop sessions @NabShow and @JournalismFest in April.
Congrats to these amazing non-fiction mobile filmmakers.
Trip to marshes
Mustafa Zaki Al darraji
The Organ Builders
The Journalist’s Swiss Army Knife
Milan M.A. Gonzales
Water scarcity in Tigherman village, Morocco
Beneath the Lonesome Skye
Director Rob Layton
• An open call for feature stories, news reports, travel stories, and human-interest features that have been shot primarily with smartphones.
NOTE: Judges can make several awards from work entered into this category. It all depends upon the variety, originality and quality of the work sent in.
• Assets from other small mobile gear like portable mics, GoPros, Drones, 360° and Action Cams is allowed.
• English Subtitles (burned in) are mandatory for any non-English scenes.
• All aspect ratios are supported (Square, Horizontal, Vertical).
• Non-fiction subject between 3 and 10 minutes in length on any topic. Must be accurately reported with integrity using journalism ethics. Creative approaches to editorial illustration and narrative exposition that push the frontier of the documentary genre forward are certainly welcome.
Entries may consist of reports, documentaries, live shots, news packages, or human-interest features that have been shot primarily with smartphones.
• Stories can be filmed in any location (battlefield, border crossings, homes, in transit, or anywhere necessary to tell the story of the crisis).
• Assets from other small mobile gear like portable mics, GoPros, Drones, 360°, and Action Cams is allowed, but material that was clearly produced with the capabilities of larger cameras is ineligible.
• English Subtitles (burned in) are mandatory for any non-English scenes. All aspect ratios are supported (Square, Horizontal, Vertical).